Insurance & Banks

For visa purposes, expats moving to Romania need to have private medical insurance. This should provide comprehensive cover and allow patients to use private facilities. EU Citizens can use the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) in Romania. The card provides free access to public hospitals and treatment facilities, but doesn’t cover private doctors or private hospitals. It is advisable to take out extra health insurance when moving to Romania.

In Romania, banking is easy. To open a bank account, you’ll need your id card and an initial deposit if you are a resident. If you’re an expat you’ll need your passport, a proof of residency and an initial deposit. Sometimes copies of an employment contract or salary slip are also required. Requirements may vary, depending on the bank.

See Our Selection Of Properties For Rent

Compare listings